Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tummy Yummy

Cooking + Me = Crazy
Tonight I became brave! I cooked dinner without a recipe to follow. All I used was my taste-buds! :)
Shockingly it turned out AMAZING!! If the 1yr old and 4yr old eat it up, then its a hit!
  My family loves soup, especially now that its getting colder here. So while having my daily talk over the phone with my Mom I realized that we were in a food rut. Having the same stuff every week. Although my family wasn't complaining I wanted to do more. Looking through the cabinets and fridge trying to come up with something. As I'm listing my food inventory to my Mom she says "You have everything to make a soup!"
*PERFECT* So with my Moms encouragement and guidance I brace myself to make this soup!!
  Chicken Vegetable Soup. It's SO easy. I am all for easy cooking! I have fallen in love with my crock pot (that I have had for 2 years and just now started using) so I try to find stuff that I can make in it. So tonight I made this soup in it. I HAVE to share this with everyone!

--Chicken Vegetable Soup--
Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken Beast
Frozen or Canned Corn, Peas and Green Beans
2 Handfuls baby Carrots
2-3 Sticks Celery
Half an Onion
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Chicken Broth
Pasta ( your choice, I used what I had)
EVOO, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Minced Garlic
Salt & Pepper
Onion Powder
Italian Seasoning
Parmesan Cheese

I took the half frozen chicken breasts and put them in the crock pot and enough water to cover the chicken. Added 1tsp Minced Garlic, salt and pepper. Set the crock pot on high and walked away. Checking on it often. About 1 1/2 hrs later the chicken was white and done. I took them out and trimmed the fat and then shredded the chicken. Replaced the shredded chicken and added the can of chicken broth. Chopped up the carrots, celery and onion with a cap full of EVOO (<3Rachel Ray)and sauteed them together. While sauteing the carrots, celery and onion I added the diced tomatoes, corn, peas and green beans. Adding the onion powder and Italian seasoning by eye and test. Also added more salt and pepper. When done sauteing I added the carrots, celery and onion. After about 5 hours in the crock pot it was all ready! I cooked the noodles separate (a tip from my Mom) Pour the soup over the noodles in your bowl and top with Parmesan cheese. Served us 4 plus there is left overs!!

Such a great dinner! Cant wait to get back in the kitchen and experiment again.
That's my One Crazy Life.

<3 Ash <3

No comments:

Post a Comment